1-Day Stationary Roman Shade Online Class – Monday, August 19, 2019
August 19, 2019| $295
Stationary Roman Shade Online Training
Monday, August 19th, 2019
9 AM – 5 PM Eastern Time
Instructor: Sandra VanSickle
Limit 6 Students Per Class | Registration Closes July 29, 2019
Beginning with proper measuring techniques, students will fabricate one Stationary Roman Shade using an efficient method taught by the instructor.
In this comprehensive class students will also learn about the latest products that comply with cord safety standards. Learning in a custom workroom environment, students will be exposed to industry tools and equipment.
Additional topics included in this class, how to fabricate a relaxed Stationary Roman, working with linings and interlining, hand-sewing techniques, pattern placement, calculating yardage, and the use of workroom work orders.
Students must have sewing experience.
- Class size is limited
- Cost $225.00 per student
- Class will run 9 am- 5 pm (1/2 hour lunch)
- How to fabricate a relaxed stationery roman
- A material, supply and tool list will be sent to students
- 2 weeks prior to the class, students will access to an exclusive online group.
- There is a $75 cancellation if student cancels prior than 3 weeks of the start date.
- If cancelled less than 3 weeks prior to the class start date, there is no refund.
- The student can apply the funds to another class.
What to Expect
You will receive a complete list of materials, supplies to purchase, and a list of tools to be used.
At least two weeks prior to the start of the class, you will see an invite to join the exclusive online group. Here you will begin to meet the other students and be given special instructions to prepare for the day of training. Please take the time to review the information inside the group.
I will schedule a practice run with the students to make sure everyone has a good connection.
- First and foremost, commit to the full day of training.
- Turn off social media, silence your phone, feed the children and pets.
- Let others know you will be unavailable, for the full day as if you were at an onsite class.
- Be on time. You don’t want to miss anything.
- You are investing your time and money.
- Be prepared. Have all your tools and materials ready at the start of the class.
- Growth mindset. You can and will learn a new skills. We want you to be successful!
How to Connect:
- You will need WiFi.
- It is a day class. You wouldn’t want to use all your data.
- I recommend using a laptop or tablet.
- You need a good size screen to see the details and follow along.
Lunch and Breaks:
I have scheduled lunch and breaks throughout the day, you will find more details inside the group.
Access to the Group:
- You will have access to the group 2 weeks prior to class and 2 weeks after to review the replays.
- For a nominal fee of $35, students will have the option to purchase the recording for one year.
What You Will Be Making:
- You will be making 1 Custom Stationary Roman Shade, that will finish 30″ wide and 18″ long and 3.5″ deep.
- The shade will be lined and interlined.
Contact me by email:
Click here to send me a message by email
We have a lot to accomplish and will start promptly at 9 am! Classes will run 9am – 5pm Eastern time. I look forward to meeting you!
– Sandra VanSickle